Thursday, June 7, 2012

My Thoughts....


“with the rise of civilizations, rights at work began to take on some significance”

Technology!

Technology has advanced over the years and has also expanded many ways of communicating and receiving information to one another. The use of technology has a huge impact on learning because it shows what a text book cant. For example textbooks can last for years which mean the information in it has been outdated and can be expensive to replace or order new ones every school year. Another example is students can collect data about multiple subjects at once, collect information about environmental and populations issues, watching educational videos to help them better their understanding through the internet. So in other words technology has a great impact in the way I learn because it shows me what textbooks cannot and can also break down and explain things I don’t understand. Technology also has a way of getting me to think about what I need to search in order to find the right information which helps the brain process in class by sorting the information needed in class that can help me answer questions later. The internet also helps with sharing information with others so this way you can ask questions and get answers faster and through some one that might know a lot about the information needed. Or the ideas on the web can be taken into class through electronic devices like most apple products, laptops, and phones, etc. so technology can be an amazing platform for education.




Its Important to me....

I choose this topic because it is something so openly talked about yet nothing really gets done. People always complain about how much they get paid for a part time or full time job. When we should be looking at how much we get paid for only eight hours of work a day. Whereas others get paid less than us and work for longer hours in a day without going for half an hour breaks in between in some cases. I choose this topic because I felt that it was necessary to discuss what the root causes are to workers being treated baldy and how much abuse they go through and what are some possible solutions. There are kids being treated like adults and work for more than 18 hours a week with harsh working conditions. Some people have no choice but  to work because it is the only income coming in and others work because it’s been passed down from generation to generation. We believe that workers’ are abused of their rights in recent times when really it has been around since mankind. so why has there been more news about it?

6 comments:

  1. I agree with you that textbook can easily become outdated while the internet is constantly updated. You mentioned that you chose this topic because people always talk about it, yet nothing ever gets done. As of now, you've been talking about this issue, so I'm now curious as to whether you will now take action in order to make a change?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Emily for the comment and at first I thought it would be just another topic but this issue really bugs me. to answer your question I have already made some changes on where I shop but I am currently looking for a legit organization that will help reduce the problems more than just stating the facts and giving money towards problem areas. when I find the right organization I will see what I can do to get involved. i hope that answers my question.

      Delete
  2. Hi Shariya,

    I agree with both you and Emily that textbooks can become quickly outdated and that the internet is constantly evolving. Do you also think that because the information on the internet is changing so often that it can also taint the information that is being shared between readers and students? Also, while you explored technology in your post? Could you elaborate on how technology has impacted this specific social justice project?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Michelle i agree with you about the internet changing so often and it can also be taint for readers and students. and that is why it depends on what you are looking for and what websites you use. technology has impacted this project a lot by using this blog site, gathering videos and news clips from half way around the world,and being able to create features for this blog like videos,images.

      Delete
  3. Hi Shariya,

    I agree that the use of technology have a major impact on learning in general as it provides multitudes of information from multiple perspective. I am wondering if you are willing to take actions against this issue? As we are in our final year of our secondary school career, some students will head to the workforce.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes i am willing to take actions even though it is my last year in high school. some people are leaving high school and joining the workforce, so its the best time to get informed about what rights we have as young adults. We should know how unions can befit us or work against us or being aware of what companies are involved in cheap Labor.

      Delete